As I sit here with my mask on…

… because it’s dangerous to breath the air because of all the wild fires that are blowing the smoke hundreds of miles south from the fires from the north. Is there indeed global warming, is there indeed climate change?

If I can’t breath the air, if the rains haven’t come, if plants are drying up, if the emergency rooms of local hospitals are full, if people, those that are burning up in their cars trying to escape from the fires that have burned down their homes and those that didn’t escape are being burned to ashes in their cars, is there indeed climate change?

Of course there is, of course there is climate change.

So at seventy nine years of age, with my mask on to protect me from the massive burn down taking place up and down this state called California, why?

The present day economic accounting system that all people use and share all over the world, does not account for the air that I have to guard against because it is full of particles that will create problems for the very basic need for unpolluted air that I need to keep me alive, what have we done to ourselves?

The answer is quite simple, we are paying the price for economics that allow this to happen.  All of us on this planet are now paying the price because of false assumptions and the lying and false accounting of behavior that is killing millions and millions of people and changing the very elements that make life possible and we let this process continue at an ever increasing rate.

… as I sit here with my mask on.

Comments

  1. Inertia. And money. Sad how those in power keep holding us back from making the changes we need to.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts